megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams - Steve Economides, Annette Economides This book contains mostly common sense and information that any person, once they’ve made the choice to start being frugal, could figure out easily. I didn’t really find any new or useful information here. Basically it seems to be – come up with a budget (and boy, is their method complicated!), use coupons, research family activities and vacations, pay more than your mortgage each month to pay down the house’s principal faster, and don’t go to the store as often as you normally do.

They live in Arizona, so their information was more relevant to me than it might be for someone elsewhere – yet I still found very little of it useful. Perhaps when I buy a house and have children I can revisit some of the sections which call for house modification to save money and involving your children in learning to budget and spending money.

The end of the book gets preachy (both in a saving-money way and a religious way) and I was not a big fan of that.