megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
F U, Penguin: Telling Cute Animals What's What - Matthew Gasteier I bought this having never heard of the blog before, so when I found myself enjoying the book halfway through I went ahead and checked out the blog. Unfortunately, it has not been updated since November 2009, with no indication of what happened to the author. Even the Facebook page for the blog/book has not been updated since before the book came out. That kind of soured the rest of my reading. I tried to enjoy the book on its own, but knowing that the guy just took off as soon as his book was published made me think he was just in it for the buck. I wish I could give it three and a half stars instead of four, but I'm nice.

The book is funny, though. It's a good antidote to Cute Overload, Daily Squee and all of those other cute animal blogs. I love those blogs, but I also love a bit of cynicism and absurd humor, and this book delivered that plus more cute pictures.