megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Heart in the Right Place - Carolyn Jourdan “Heart in the Right Place” was an enjoyable read for me, a quick one, and it didn’t really pack any punches or hold any surprises. I think it would have been an excellent book to read on the plane or, hey, even the doctor’s office. It is what it is, nothing more, and nothing less.

This book is the story of the author’s journey back home to Tennessee from the high-powered world of Washington, where she worked with a senator. She’s called home in order to take her mother’s place as receptionist in her father’s medical practice, temporarily, while her mother recovers from a medical issue. This book introduces us to the (mostly) good people of her hometown, and takes us through the author’s dilemma of whether or not to return to Washington when it becomes apparent her mother isn’t going to be feeling up to returning to her post. I don’t think her eventual decision will surprise anyone.

Although I felt that some scenes were probably exaggerated, and I felt that the author’s response in certain situations was out of proportion to what was actually described, overall, it’s a nice depiction of a rural medical practice, and I found it a nice way to pass the time.