megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch - Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett I first picked up ‘Good Omens’ about a year ago, when I was making my way through the entirety of Neil Gaiman’s books. It’s essentially the story of the apocalypse, and the bit players within it. Along the way to the end of the world we’re introduced to the demon Crowley, the angel Aziraphale, the Antichrist and his four best buddies, and various other wonderful characters.

I soon found myself reading it aloud to my (then-future) husband, barely able to read off the words while keeping a straight face. I wasn’t able to finish it; it was one of those rare books that I simply wanted not to end.

Of course, wanting something doesn’t mean it will happen, and of course the book ends. The husband picked it up, read it through, told me to finish it… and it sat on my bookshelf and the library’s bookshelf for quite awhile. I only just picked it up recently and I made myself go the entire way through. I’d stopped previously at the beginning scenes involving the bikers of the apocalypse, the eight of which are some of my favorite characters in the book.

There’s so much to love about this book, from the complete silliness of it all, to the humanity within it. I love the angel Aziraphale, the demon Crowley, Agnes Nutter, Newt, Dog, and all the rest of them. I fully intend on picking up my own copy to douse in the bathwater accidentally.