megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Made in the U.S.A. - Billie Letts I’m pretty sure that when Billie Letts sat down to write this book, she stuck a Post-It on her monitor headed “Bad things that happen to teenage girls in Las Vegas.” Then she must have written this book directly from the list that followed. I’m sure you can imagine its contents. Throw in some terrible dialogue and a circus, and you have this book.

I don’t know… I really enjoyed [b:Where the Heart Is|5168|Where the Heart Is|Billie Letts|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jGY6N4TeL._SL75_.jpg|1649] when I was a teenage girl. I read it after seeing the movie and developing a terrible crush on Forney Hull, so that probably had something to do with it. I hadn’t read any other books by this author, and this one was a let-down. I disliked the main character severely, so I had absolutely no emotional connection to anything that happened to her. I disliked the inconsistent characterization of pretty much every person, and especially, the tortured dialogue.

I did enjoy the actual story itself, and I think it had the potential to be a much better book than it was. As it is… it’s just a quick read. It probably would have been better if I read it on an airplane, with no other options, or something.