megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Bleach, Vol. 05: Right Arm of the Giant - Tite Kubo The title of the fourth book, "Quincy Archer Hates You," should really have been the title of this one, with some revisions: perhaps "Quincy Archer Hates You and All of Karakura Town" would be better. Honestly, as much as Ishida tries to spin it, he basically puts every single innocent and soul-sensitive person in this town in grave, immediate danger, and pretty much acts like a petty tyrant. I'm glad he mellows out and even becomes likeable later, but honestly this volume brought back why I disliked him so much in the beginning.

This is the first book that introduces Chad and Inoue's powers, brought on by exposure to Ichigo's own increased spirit power. It has some moving and interesting scenes, and this volume is very important in order to set up the abilities of Ichigo's three human friends.

The scenes that involve Tatsuki always make me wish she had more screen time and/or more powers. I really feel that she deserves to know what's going on and she'd be an admirable addition to the Chad/Inoue/Ishida 'backup friends' team for Ichigo.