megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister - Tite Kubo I can't help but like this volume considering it introduces Urahara, my favorite character.

Overall, a nice story, but they haven't really played with the idea of Soul Society's ethical wrongdoings much as the anime advances. I like the themes this volume sets up, as far as a person's right to eliminate a life they have created, and the possible repercussions that Soul Society could bring down on Urahara or Rukia (foreshadowing Rukia's eventual fate). Urahara's past is hinted at, as well as the fact that he's not dealing in accordance with Soul Society's laws. In the beginning it seems that Soul Society was depicted as more morally flawed than it is at the point I'm at in the anime, the Arrancar arc, and it's kind of interesting. I wish they would do a little more with it.