megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Escape to Witch Mountain - Alexander Key, Leon B. Wisdom Jr. When I was a kid, the movie Escape to Witch Mountain, and its sequel, Return from Witch Mountain, was on television all the time. I remember watching it with my brother endlessly, and recently I bought the DVD. I had never realized it was based on a book. Opening this up was like settling into my grandmother's recliner with this and Tom Corbett, Space Cadet novels. (I was quite well-read as a child, thanks to my grandpa's old stash.) It has all the feel of that type of novel, especially since my copy, through inter-library loan, was quite old.

This little book is completely fascinating and not at all condescending to its audience. It's straightforward, not cutesy and admirably not campy. It's a great complement to the movie.