megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
The Prince and the Pauper - Mark Twain, Jerry Griswold I watched this story on Wishbone once. (All of you who grew up in the 90's and watched PBS in the afternoons are humming the theme song now, aren't you?) This episode was on all the time. So I kept imagining poor Tom Canty and Prince Edward as loveable little Jack Russell Terriers. It certainly made the reading a good deal more cute.

I enjoyed my first reading of Mark Twain in years, definitely. Though the pomp and circumstance he describes surrounding England's royal court was a little yawn-inducing, Tom and Edward's adventures are varied and humorous. The ending is well-done, frought with tension as the confusion mounts over who is the rightful king; each boy is written truthfully, and honestly.