megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
The Sandman: Endless Nights - Bill Sienkiewicz, P. Craig Russell, Glenn Fabry, Frank Quitely, Miguelanxo Prado, Barron Storey, Chris Chuckry, Milo Manara, Neil Gaiman This volume has convinced me I need to go back and reread Sandman. It was a fun journey into a story featuring each of the Endless, but I really missed the scope and depth of storytelling in the main series. My favorite story here was Dream’s, although he’s kind of off to the sidelines during it. (And, dude, has there ever been a guy as unlucky in love as Dream? Kind of his fault too, though.) As usual I wasn’t Despair’s biggest fan, and I thought Destruction’s story could’ve used a little more, as could Death’s. I liked the concept behind Delirium’s story and Daniel’s appearance (though I was hoping for a little more Danny).

This time around I am going to buy Sandman (rather than checking it out of the library), so reading it will be slower going as I accumulate them. But I am really looking forward to it, and Endless Nights just whetted my appetite.