megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Mortified - David Nadelberg, Neil Katcher, Krista Lanphear This book brightened my day. A lot. I enjoyed this peek into teenagers' lives. Kids are so funny, even when they're embarassing themselves, or wallowing in their own desperate thoughts. Reading it made me think of the stuff I wrote when I was a kid, and cringe to think of it in book format - but I appreciate the authors of these various pieces for sharing their own.

Two things, though - I disliked that all of the contributors seem to be in show business and would have preferred examples from people from all walks of life. (And maybe the information about what the contributors are doing now would have been better suited for entry just after their actual contribution.) Also, judging from the pop culture references, everything in the book was from about 1980-1994. Some wider variety would have been nice. Where's the embarassing teen diaries from 1938 and 1963? I'm sure adolescence hasn't changed that much.