* Do not like translated novels, I've found. I don't know why. I always feel a strange disconnect between the dialogue, and the characters.
* The translation obviously lost something. There were bits I felt could have been very poetic and all but were rendered too sparse and unfeeling in English.
* Too many characters, all wrapped up in their own little dramas. Just not necessary.
* Stupid twist.
* Not at all like Clive Barker or Neil Gaiman as the back cover claims. Well, as some reviewer on the back cover claims.
* Half a dozen "endings." I felt as though the book was never actually going to be finished.
* We do not need the squirrel's perspective, thank you very much.