megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Let the Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist * Do not like translated novels, I've found. I don't know why. I always feel a strange disconnect between the dialogue, and the characters.

* The translation obviously lost something. There were bits I felt could have been very poetic and all but were rendered too sparse and unfeeling in English.

* Too many characters, all wrapped up in their own little dramas. Just not necessary.

* Stupid twist.

* Not at all like Clive Barker or Neil Gaiman as the back cover claims. Well, as some reviewer on the back cover claims.

* Half a dozen "endings." I felt as though the book was never actually going to be finished.

* We do not need the squirrel's perspective, thank you very much.