megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Perchance to Dream - Lisa Mantchev I really enjoy Lisa Mantchev's way of writing, but I do not do well with love triangles. They kind of stress me out. So, I had to be in the right mood to read this book, and thankfully I was at the end of the hold list and able to wait on it without feeling guilty.

I enjoyed it more than the first book - taking the action away from the Theatre helped give it a much grander sense of adventure. The plot moves along briskly, and the ever-changing cast of interesting characters keeps it from getting dull. There were a few parts where I was left a bit confused about what was going on and who was speaking, but they were fewer than the previous book, and in many cases they echo confusion present in the plot already. I really like the world that is being built up around Bertie and her cast. I just wish the love triangle would end, if only for the purpose of saving my chewed fingernails.