megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
The Book of Genesis - Robert Crumb Dude, the Bible is weird.

Seriously, I think adding pictures to the text just makes Genesis even weirder than it already is. Not only are you reading about weird stuff like wrestling with angels, you're seeing it. It really serves to highlight the way the Bible is a weird mishmash of multiple stories.

It took me a while to get used to Crumb's illustrations. I couldn't shake the feeling that everybody was either angry all the time or dumb as a rock, given their facial expressions. I dunno, it was thousands of years ago, maybe they were all angry and dumb. I have to say, though, their hair is awesome.

My favorite part of the book are the notes at the end. I kind of wish they had been at the end of each chapter. It brings a little bit of sanity back to some crazy stuff.