megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President - Josh Lieb Caris told me that he knew I would like this book, and he was right. I knew Oliver was my kinda guy as soon as I started reading it. Who, if blessed with the same genius and financial ability as our young psychopath, wouldn't use their power to make the water fountains dispense chocolate milk and root beer, or have a secret underground lair inside their house? I mean, come on.

I have to admit, though, I though Ollie was more cute and cuddly than psychopathic and evil, but that might be because he and I are on totally the same wavelength. Not that I would ever try to cuddle him.

I thought this book was funny and cleverly done. There's a mix of text and visual elements that were used pretty creatively. My only qualm with the book was Oliver's parental issues. Whenever he was ranting about his Daddy and public television, I just got a little bored. For that reason, the ending felt flat. His mom also bugged me, in a different way, but I contribute that more to the fact that we see her through Oliver's eyes.

Good stuff.