megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Marvel Classics) - 'Eric Shanower',  'L. Frank Baum' My favorite comic book store is Atomic Comics in Mesa, right next to Bookman's. It can make for a fun but wallet-draining day to make a trip down there and stop at both stores. Last time I was at Atomic Comics, I picked up an introduction to this and the Joe Hill comic book series Locke & Key. They were part of the $1 collection on the wall, of introductions and special issues put out by publishers for a buck. After I read that, I knew I had to read the whole thing.

At first, I thought the drawings were going to be a little too cutesy, too little-kiddy. But there's much more to the artwork than that. It manages to be cute, dark, and unsettling all at once. I haven't read the novel, but from what I have read and seen of Oz, this comic stays very close to it. I really enjoyed it.