megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void - Mary Roach Oh my gosh, people, I am so tired of typing and writing. So guess what? I'm going to type some more.

Mary Roach reminds me a lot of myself in that she knows a lot about totally random things. She, like me, is the type of person who can be having a perfectly normal conversation and then something reminds her of the first chimpanzee in space, or how they tried to measure the weight of a person's soul (that's in one of her other books). The difference is that since her nonfiction randomness is written down, she sounds a lot smarter than I do, because she has dates, and full names, and stuff like quotes.

This book is about how you prepare for space travel, but it's also about a lot more than that. There is a lot of information here. Unfortunately, at times I felt like it got really slow, and I also had a hard time remembering the names of everybody she interviewed, so I kept forgetting who was who. But it definitely added a lot of fodder for my conversations.