megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty  Smith First off, I apologize if at any point in this review I type Brooklyn as Brookyln. I can't help it, I've done it at least a dozen times already.

So. I have heard from lots of people about how they read this book in school and they completely loved it. I was skeptical, of course. How can you love a book you had to read in school? I love to read and I still automatically detest any book mentioned in the syllabus. But, oh my gosh, I wish this had been assigned in school. It would have given me faith in my teachers again and it would have given me a happy month or so reading and talking about the book.

Something about this book just draws you in. There was something in the back of my copy about soldiers reading it in the trenches, reading about an eleven-year-old girl growing up in Brooklyn. So I think this book can really touch anybody. Something about the characters, the way Brooklyn is described, the dialogue... it just gets ya.

Loved it.