megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us - Robert D. Hare I found this book interesting, but it definitely felt dated and a bit too alarmist at times. I'm 100% sure I've met someone Dr. Hare would consider a psychopath before (I think everyone who works with the public has) but to the best of my knowledge I am not dead nor have I been swindled out of any money. This book takes on a pretty alarming tone that you will have a violent or otherwise dehumanizing encounter with a psychopath at some point, which is a little paranoid, I think.

I did enjoy the case studies and thought Dr. Hare did a good job of using real-life examples to illustrate the points he was trying to make. While at times the book was a little repetitive, it's very readable and comprehensive on its subject.