megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Doctor Who: Wishing Well - Trevor Baxendale This is my first Doctor Who book and I'll admit I started reading them because I miss David Tennant's Doctor. I've basically spent this summer catching up on Doctor Who and now I'm all excited for the new episodes in a week, even if they are with Matt Smith.

Wishing Well felt really... generic for me. It didn't really feel like an episode of the show, it felt more like a science fiction/horror novel that could have used a lot more fleshing out. The Doctor was characterized fairly well, but Martha was completely bland, and I couldn't tell all the darn English villagers apart.

I do think the author did a good job of showing the desperation of the village. It basically felt like there wasn't a way out of it for the Doctor or the town. The resolution was okay... not very satisfying, but it worked. Decent, I thought.