megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
The Wednesday Wars - Gary D. Schmidt I apparently am on a roll with books about adorable young teenagers. Holling reminded me a lot of T.C. from My Most Excellent Year - heck, he could have been T.C.'s dad, given the time period in which this book is set. Except for the Yankees thing.

This book has a lot of charm to it, along with a really nice historical setting that seemed pretty genuine to my I-wasn't-around-then eyes. It wasn't glaring and it's the type of book that a teenager could read and then recognize the references later if they ever manage to get to the Vietnam War/Civil Rights era in history classes.

Like My Most Excellent Year, it's a bit fantastical at times with how well everything works out and how sweet (mostly) everyone is. Definitely an enjoyable read, though.