megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver - 'Rick Harrison',  'Tim Keown' I love Pawn Stars, and I have always been curious about the darker/seedier side of the business, which I knew must be present. Everything on the show is nice, clean, and orderly, but I knew any Las Vegas pawn shop open 24 hours had to see some crazy things. This is definitely the book to read if you are curious about that side of the store - and it made me wish History Channel might show a little more of it.

This book follows mainly Rick, but it contains chapters from the Old Man, Corey, and Chumlee as well. As a result, the biographical/background information ends up being a little repetitive, but it's neat to see each person's side of the story.

There's some really interesting stuff in here about history, marketing fads and haggling. I think an entire book could be written by these guys about the seedier side of history (like why pimps wear so much jewelry). And a lot of stuff about regular customers and crazy customers.

And luckily, not a Subway ad in sight.