megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Science Fair Season: Twelve Kids, a Robot Named Scorch . . . and What It Takes to Win - Judy Dutton I don't remember science fairs at all as a kid. Either they were nonexistent in the schools I attended, or it was optional and my teachers weren't very enthusiastic about it. So my concept of science fairs was pretty much stereotypical - baking soda volcanos and trifold displays full of clip art.

To say I was amazed by the accomplishments of the kids in this book is an understatement. These kids are doing some incredible stuff. This book does a great job of showing how incredible science can be and how basically anyone can still make discoveries and advancements. I especially enjoyed the stories about kids who had to really reach for their projects - creating laboratories out of a mobile home on their property or inventing a home heating system from discarded trash.

It was pretty awesome.