megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Doctor Who: The Deviant Strain - Justin Richards In The Deviant Strain, the Doctor, Rose, and Jack answer a distress signal and end up at an abandoned Soviet nuclear base complete with decaying nuclear submarines and, of course, an alien menace.

Because there are three characters, the plot of this book is able to branch out and fold back in on itself, and it feels a lot like the way an actual episode would. As is typical for the Doctor Who novels I've read so far, Rose and Jack are basically just shells, not really given a lot of the characterization they have in the series. It's particularly grating in Jack's case, because there was a serious lack of flirting going on.

I think this is one of the better Doctor Who novels I've read, but I would have liked it much better as an episode.