megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Chasing Vermeer - Blue Balliett I really wanted to like this, and I think it could have been really great, but unfortunately the coincidences and psychic connections were all too far fetched for me within the context of an "ordinary" book (no supernatural/magical element).

I liked the kids, the way they were nerdy and both from interesting racial backgrounds, and the way the authority figures were all fallable and the kids genuinely cared about them. I also liked the way art - history and interpretation - was handled, because art wasn't a subject discussed very much for me in school (besides making clay pots and drawing in art class). But the central mystery fell very flat for me.