megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie - Wendy McClure I loved the Little House books as a child and as soon as I saw the illustrations on the cover of this book, I knew I had to read it. Those illustrations have stuck with me for years. I never quite realized how much of Little House in the Big Woods nestled itself into my brain until I began reading this book and scene after scene from that book came back to me.

Unfortunately, while this book starts out strong, I think it fizzles out before the end. The author seems to lose her stride a bit. It could have benefited from a little more structure and organization, which I think would have helped keep the enthusiasm alive throughout the book.

I would also have loved the inclusion of illustrations/photographs throughout the book. I don't like reading descriptions of visual works without actually being able to see them.