megancsparks

megancsparks

Time and Again
Jack Finney
Ask Me Why I Hurt: The Kids Nobody Wants and the Doctor Who Heals Them - Randy Christensen, Rene Denfeld My husband works in the mental health field for a company which specializes in vulnerable groups. He doesn't work with patients directly, but it's made me interested in the topic. When I saw this book about Dr. Christensen, working in Arizona with one of the most vulnerable groups out there, I knew I needed to read it.

This book is a very interesting look at "Dr. Randy"'s journey setting up his mobile clinic, getting to know the needs of the people he serves, and how he deals with juggling his home life with his work. It's obvious Dr. Randy is very dedicated - it comes across very well in this book.

The fact that most of the events in this book take place in the Valley, around Phoenix, Tempe, and even into Mesa, really brought it home for me. I recognized a lot of what he was talking about and even the weather patterns made me more able to relate to this book.

I'm glad I read this.